Project Progress

The CLIR Water project is a little over a year old and we've made a lot of progress. However, there is still plenty to do. I have been working on metadata for the Chaffey brothers letters--a mere fraction of the collection--all semester and there is still more to do. Still, I am proud of the progress that that project has made, especially since I started last August.

Everyone here has been working hard doing a variety of different tasks to scan documents, create metadata for them, and upload them on the Claremont Colleges Digital Library. However, there are other tasks involved in this project. We have created a social media campaign to spread awareness about the project and collection. We have contributed to this blog in order to track the project's progress and share our experiences. We have been to conferences and some of us have even presented at conferences so that we can participate in the larger discourse about archives, special collections, environmental history, and water resources.

There are many facets to the project which is one reason it has been so amazing to be a part of the CLIR Water project. I can't wait to see how this project continues to evolve.